I have a recorded sound on my note 4 how could I edit it to where I can hear the voice without the background its actually super important?

Robert J. gave you a good answer.

Once sounds are mixed in a recording, you can only cleanly remove parts if they are completely different frequencies to the wanted parts.

For a voice / speech recording, you can remove frequencies below 300Hz and above 3000Hz and not affect intelligibility

If there is noise in that range, or you want the full frequency range of the recording, you can run a "noise removal" algorithm but that will cause distortion of the wanted recording as well.

That's why recording studios are soundproofed - once any unwanted sound is in, it's pretty much in for good...

Get Audacity, that is free:

https://www.audacityteam.org/

If you look in the Effect menu, you will find High Pass (run that set to 300Hz), Low Pass (use that set to 3000Hz).

If that''s not enough there is also noise reduction in there; just try variations..

If anything makes it worse rather than better, use edit > undo (or press control-Z) to go back a stage.

You need noise cancelation. If you have a computer, use Audacity.

• Mamianka

NO!  This does not work on the vast majority of things recorded after the Fifties ( different process.)  My adult son has his MM degree in Digital Music and Recording Technology.  If th\is worked well - he would tell me!!  Audacity will leave you with a mess.And I love Audacity for OTHER things.