Spark plug replacement, now car has long crank ?

2005 Nissan 350z Manual 

I had my spark plugs changed recently, all was well beforehand

Now my has a long crank before turning over and occasionally it will not turn over at all, just keep cranking.

What can I do?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Go back and have them check the timing for you, or they used the wrong heat range plugs. I would go to a different mechanic!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Did you replace the plugs with exactly the same new plugs? Are the plugs gaped right? And did you put the  wires back on the same plugs? Did your turn the crank so that the number 1 cylinder is on top ready to fire?

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

If wires Wrong, it would run Bad, if at all he'd  note this.

• 5 months ago

Maybe you put the spark plug wires back onto the wrong plugs. You will have to determine the firing order and check.

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

NO. if wires wromg, he;d Mention it t ran bad Once started. 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

See a mechanic again.  Check for any trouble codes.  Spark and fuel pressure needs to be checked.  Check if the correct spark plugs were installed.  Could be a bad crank sensor.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • arther
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

take it back to who ever changed the plugs? does it run all right or is there more to this story? try turn the key on and off a few times before you try start it just to see if its a fuel pressure issue wrong plugs if it doesn't run well or drinking fuel.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Pay for and see a car mechanic to look at your car.  Sometimes you can't CHEAP OUT.   Better than burning out a battery or starter motor.  It needs a tune up.

• 5 months ago

The problem you though could be solved with a new set of spark plugs is still there and now it's worse. Pull OBD2 codes to get to *where* the problem is and diagnosed for the remedy.

• Erik
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

He never said the check engine light was on.  If it's not, there shouldn't be any codes.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

You can buy a cheap inline plug tester. That will show up a faulty plug. Check the gaps and make sure the HT leads are connected properly.

• al
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Check the spark plug gap and make sure you have the right plugs!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.