Who was Hitler? My older brother told me he was a good person. Was he?

Well, your brother is COMPLETELY wrong, and he was NOT a good person at all.

• Zardoz

How would I know if your brother was a good person? But since you're talking about him in the past tense I'll assume he's dead. And as it's graceful to not speak ill of the dead I'll chirp in that he was the salt of the Earth; the mother's milk of kindness.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ

Compared to the genocides and wars in store for us in the near future, then indeed Hitler wasn't such a bad old stick.

• CRR

Yes he was. He did his best to apply evolutionary theory and eugenics to remove inferior specimens of humans so as to improve the human race.

• KennyB

He actually applied a form of discredited social Darwinism and he was directly or indirectly responsible for the extermination of about 40 million civilians.  Your older brother is mistaken, as is CRR.

You might want to clarify which Hitler. Most of them were good people, with one notable exception.

It depends on were you at regarding the second world war. Pro or anti-German?

Peace.