Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 2 months ago

Why do some people always seem to complain about a TV show not being as good after a few seasons ?

Anytime there is a decent show you hear people say how the show isn’t as good as Seasons 1-4 for example. If someone started watching a tv show from season 5 or so would they think it was really good maybe? To me it seems rare that fans of a show overall completely agree on the show being 100% great all seasons. 

I watch The Good Doctor and this season, I do not enjoy it as much as I use to. it became very slow moving. before we know it all the shows will be reruns again for the summer months. years ago it was just July and August with the reruns and now each year it is anytime during the season

• Liz

Sometimes the writers start tweaking the show and often sends it into another direction.

Because in reality, that's what happens.  Most TV shows in America are airing 20-26 episodes of content per season.  That's a lot.  So if your premise for the show was mostly accomplished after the first year or two, you have to invent new challenges and new character arcs, and that gets harder and harder with the same situation and characters. 

Most shows start repeating themselves fairly quickly.  Very few shows get BETTER after their second season.  Many shows struggle in season 1 to find their rhythym, but if you aren't hitting on all cylinders by the end of season 2, it's generally not going to happen.  There are exceptions. 

• Pete

Because it's true.  Show writers run out of good ideas after a few years.

And some shows get very formulaic and predictable.  In the final 2 seasons of CSI, I knew who the killer was halfway through each episode.  Not because I'm a genius or a great detective, but because every episode followed the same pattern and gave viewers similar clues.

People are entitled to their opinions. Some people are very hard to please and  some people just  like to complain.

WTF does this have to do with Personal Finance ?

Some shows do go downhill after a few years. For various possible reasons.