promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is Linkedin the biggest circle jerk to ever exist?

Bunch of people who hate their jobs pretending like they are love their jobs, trying to "network" and posting "inspirational" job quotes when they in reality they cry everyday on their way to work.

Update:

Overinflated job titles and job responsibilities, fake qualifications, fake job titles for unemployed people or people who work bad jobs such as "Technology Savant" or "Motivational Speaker" or "Thought Coach" or other BS

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

About the only ones it helps are those in management positions.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've gotten a couple of inquiries for possible jobs I might be interested in but yes, I tend to agree with you.  Plus the constant emails 'offering' to upgrade your membership gets old.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes.   The only thing that site is good for is snooping on people you went to high school with. 

• Alex
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You may hate it, but just look at it for what it is.  Personally, I got my current job through LinkedIn.  And I've had more than one recruiter tell me that they only recruit through LinkedIn and word of mouth...they never post available jobs anymore. 

All that being said, I do agree with you that it has turned pretty stupid and probably isn't going to get better.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's been more of a social website to keep in touch with old friends and classmates. Finding a job is like finding love. It's pure luck.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.