Does Warcraft 3 on disk not work online anymore?

just got a new pc and I installed Warcraft 3 on it and when I click battle net it says something like update successfully downloaded restart now to install and I do that and it just repeatedly says that

• Raditz

I think that was due to Blizzard forcing every Warcraft 3 clients to be "upgraded" into Warcraft 3: Reforged. Try to check the game version, and see if it's the latest version or not (I think the latest one is 1.32, but I could be wrong though).

Try contacting Blizzard Support, and ask for their assistance if you still can't run the game.

Unfortunately, the issue lies with Blizzard Activision in regards with Warcraft 3: Reforged.  When they released the remastered version, they forced the original version to utilize the same servers...  so the server issues affect both.

All you can do is contact Blizzard Activision for assistance, especially as they're incurring some serious backlash with the remastered version at the moment.