Help flying to Italy!! 10 points!!?

Hi there, i will be travelling to Barcelona from Toronto in July for 4 days, then flying out to Italy for 2 weeks (Venice, Florence, Naples, Rome and Milan) Then taking a train or flight to Budapest Hungary.. then a bus to Vienna Austria

My question is what is the best chronological order for Italy So i can take a train or flight to Budapest. Also how many days should i spend in each city in Italy to allocate 2 weeks. Thank you!

• IOM

All depends on your tastes and preferences. Personally, I'd spend the most time in Florence (and the Toscana in general) it's such a wonderful city, especially if you like art, history, etc. And great food lol. BTW, AVOiD tourist eateries. Eat wherever you see LOCALS. Venice is an awful and super-expensive tourist trap, I would actually skip Venice. Rome is fine, especially the archeological sites. Don't like Naples much. And Milano, well, a day or two there is enough. Vienna is really nice. Budapest, no idea, never been there. Have fun!!! 🙂 

• Orla C

Well, seeing as Italy has just put a national lockdown into place due to the Corona virus, I think you might want to put your travel plans on the back burner for a few more months.

It probably makes the most sense to fly into Rome and work your way up the country. There's a very good train system. We spent a month in Florence, visiting the small towns all around it. And I loved Venice, but a lot depends on what time of year you go. It's been quite flooded recently. You don't need much time in Milan- it's worth seeing, but not nearly as interesting as Florence. You can fly out of Milan, which has the largest airport in the north, and possibly the most flight options, or out of the Venice airport.