promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i received an email from yahoo to tell me that my account will be deactivated because i did not upgrade it? is this legit or a scam?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No it's not. The email is a scam and you must not click on the link or attachment provided in the body of the message. Get it spammed out of your inbox immediately. Remember Yahoo doesn't send you unsolicited emails to ask you for your information. Your Yahoo Mail account is already updated each time you use it.

As a friendly reminder, Yahoo deactivates email accounts only after a year of inactivity.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Scam - delete it.

• 2 months ago

Of course its a scam.

Simply hover your mouse over the email and it will tell you where it came from and I can promise you that it did NOT come from Yahoo.

Or you can look at the 'Header' and trace where the email originated from.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

SCAM !!    ignore & delete .........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's a scam...it's trying to get you to divulge information.

DON'T DO IT!

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

Yahoo accounts are using the most recent update. You have it each time you log into it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

all communication from yahoo is a scam.ignore it all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.