why is society now very sleazy and obsessed with sex?

it's everywhere you turn now, some sexual tension from someone or sexual innuendo from this and that person, it seems to be all people ever think about now and at the root cause of their intentions.......i personally am sick of it as i am a moral catholic man in my forties and i remember a time long ago when things were different...and there wasn't this ''filth'' everywhere, infecting all areas of society.....i'm tired of reading sleazy questions and posts by perverted sexually frustrated human beings..

when will god return and put an end to this madness in the world?

Golly gee, isn't it just appalling that people whose moral values are not the same as yours have any input whatsoever in society? The horror!

• Wilma

You think because you worship the sun that means you have morals. I don't need the Queen's permission to F*ck I'm sorry that you do.

If you are waiting for some make believe 'god' to solve your problems with other peoples lifestyles I'm afraid your gonna have to wait a while longer. In the mean time go and have a good ****. 

Let me tell you a little secret.... (hang onto your shorts....)  some people don't see sex the way you do or the way you would like them to.  That's the reason your TV and computer both have an off switch.

I know what you mean, I can't stand it either. That's one of the reasons I stopped watching most of TV and I stay away from many people. Did you know that you even have to be careful how you say certain words to people? because then they will think something perverted. So many questions on the Singles/Dating and relationship forums are about sex too and it's like if a spouse or partner doesn't get sex they'll quickly either cheat or move on to someone else. I even remember when before we didn't have so many questions about that stuff but now it's worst than ever. Everywhere you look there is sex or something about sex posted and now to make it worst, they are even teaching sex education in the public schools too. I wish we can go back to the days where none of the sex obsession was unheard off. Now we have people that if they don't get their sexual desires met, they'll go all crazy and out of control even become a danger to society. That's how bad things got. Being a virgin nowadays is ridiculed by society because we live in an animal-like century now. So yes, I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same way. I will be glad when all evils and perversions are destroyed out of this world.

I am 70 and society has always been obsessed with sex.   And you seem to have a problem with it for some reason.   Just worry about yourself and you will do fine. 

• Liz

The world’s view of sex serves Satan’s purpose. No doubt, he delights to see people abuse God’s gift of sex and degrade God’s gift of marriage. (Eph. 2:2) Not only does sexual immorality tarnish Jehovah’s beautiful gift of procreation but it can prevent those who engage in it from inheriting everlasting life.—1 Cor. 6:9, 10.

People who adopt the wisdom of this world ridicule the Bible’s moral standards, claiming that they are unrealistic. Such people might ask, ‘Why would God create us with sexual desires and then tell us not to act on them?’ That question is founded on the flawed belief that humans must act on every urge they feel. But the Bible states otherwise. It dignifies us by teaching that we can choose to control improper impulses. (Col. 3:5) In contrast with the wisdom of this world, the Bible promotes a healthy view of sexuality. It acknowledges that sex can be a source of pleasure. (Prov. 5:18, 19) However, the Bible says: “Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion like the nations have that do not know God.”—1 Thess. 4:4, 5.

Source(s): jw.org
  • Zirp

because capitalism

"sex sells", and in fullblown capitalism, selling is all that matters

• amy

try the 90s and early- mid 00s. Today is very conservative compared to then. Sex sells was just a thing we thought was going to just keep going up and up but it didnt.

The last question I saw from you stated, "i can still get hard erections" in the details ...as if the good people of yahoo answers were wondering or needed to know. Save it for your doctor, friend.