promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Looking for a lip balm recommendation that actually keeps lips moist so they won't dry out and crack.?

Waxy ones like Chapstick do more harm than good in my opinion. I usually like Nivea products, but I tried theirs and it is too much like Chapstick. .

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Rosie
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Vaseline is great, the blue or green one, i personally like the green one. Lanolips lemonaid is a good one too if you prefer a thicker texture. Please don’t listen to people saying burts bees, that is AWFUL for your lips as it contains menthol which actually dries your lips out even more and it does not feel moisturising or hydrating on your lips either. Go for the blue one if your skin is sensitive as the green one contains fragrance.

Source(s): Dermatologist
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I’m a fan of Treat Beauty lip balms, myself. 

• 2 months ago

I personally think the Sephora lip balms are the best 

• 2 months ago

I'm a HUGE fan of Burts Bees- and I have chronic dry lips- I recently found something that is fabulous!!! The Blistex and Aquafina are good products too BUT- after I shower or wash my face, I use a dab of CASTOR OIL on my lips, then I put on lip colour or chap stick. I also find that Revlon 16 hr lip color with the tube of clear shine on one end- that stuff is awesome! I wish I could get just the clear stuff- You cant, I already checked.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Burt Bees Pomegranate Shade. It's like $3 to $4 dollars a pack. $2 for 1 I think. It enhances/brightens your natural lip color. You won't even feel it on you, I can leave it for hours before reapplying. It actually helps with dry lips without having to reapply over and over. 

• 2 months ago

Carmex is the absolute best, and now it comes in a few scents like mint, cherry, and strawberry. I can't stand Chapstick. It's so waxy and blah.

And if you aren't a proud person, those Bonne Bell lip balms for children are wonderful. The Dr. Pepper one has a slight tint to it that's beautiful and subtle.

I've tried EVERYTHING, and those are my top picks.

• 2 months ago

Vaseline sells a wonderful cocoa butter based lip balm on a little brown and white tin. It's about $1.99 and lasts a good long time. It's smooth, slicks on easily and tastes vaguely chocolate.you can find it at Walmart, Target, and most drug stores. It works is the harshest coldest Canadian winter weather and won't burn or sting cracked or blistered lips. It's cheap enough I keep several times, one in my purse, one on my bedside table, one in my workshop and one in the pocket of my winter coat.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Vicks Vapo Rub is good

• Rosie
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Absolutely not.

• 2 months ago

Burts Bees is the best.

• Rosie
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Burts bees is waxy and really drying for the lips. It’s actually worse than chapstick AND contains menthol. 

• 2 months ago

idk any good lip balms but the best chapstick for me was burts bees

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.