Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theater · 2 months ago

Is 20 Mbps internet service okay for Netflix 4k uhd or hdr?

Or even more bandwidth needed?

Andre -- non answer is violation. If you can't answer then don't bother. I flagged you

Nobody that I know ever showed more than 15.25 Mbps on Netflix. Why is that? Not even you

Last time I bothered to check, Netflix said 16 Mbps but I say 25 Mbps is sufficient.

The recommendations are a minimum of 25Mbps (from Netflix).

If you are going wireless this means you are going to need to buy a much higher plan. If you can check on your TV what speed it is getting do that (go to speedtest.net). Otherwise, use your phone near the TV to check data rate. Also do it at the most common time you would expect to be streaming 4K as interference from other users around you will also lower this rate (my rate drops substantially in the early evening 5-7). Of course you have to take into account if others within your house/network will also be using data at the same time.

It is best to used a wired internet (ethernet) to stream 4K.

• Lance

A lot depends on how many people are in the house using the internet at the same time...The quality of the modem involved; the quality of your feed etc...Also if 20 Mbps is an advertised speed that is usually under ideal circumstances, while your everyday speed under real conditions is usually somewhat less, sometimes it can be a lot less depending on various circumstances involved..i.e. distance; quality of the lines involved in transmission etc......So I would say 20mbps should be OK under ideal conditions but taking into account other factors it could cause drop outs or other problems at times due to real world speeds and other limiting factors..