Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Easy to make self defense weapons in the UK?

Possibly to use against home invad.

I'm American, not sure what UK permits.

Slingshot for range, maybe darts?  A strike could certainly make them pause for you to close distance.

Rolled up newspaper or magazine can be effective.  Towel can be awesome, check out some Silat "Sarong" videos.

The real key for any of those to be effective is practice.  If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.  Practice slow, understand the movements, add speed, add precision, add power, add more speed until you don't have to think about it.  It will take time, lots of time, be patient.

• Bon

You do NOT want to make anything that is obviously a weapon. Under UK law, you are not allow to use force against a home invader unless you FIRST attempt to escape to safety and was prevented or unable to do so. If you prepared a weapon beforehand, it is an admission that you had no intent of escaping or fleeing. This has implications that you may not be aware of such as if you caught someone crawling through your window and you hit him with a lamp or what have you, you are now guilty of assault. This is why home invaders in the UK have no fear whatsoever.

I have a nice ice axe I purchased from Amazon  just waiting to greet unwanted early morning guests. 

Ice axes are available from other retailers.

Riddle me this batman, why do they sell baseball bats in home improvement stores in the UK, if there are not so many baseball diamonds?

Hint: They cannot legally say that's what they're for, and it's related to your question.

I am considering constructing a trebuchet in my driveway.

Yeah it's called your arms