Is becoming a CNA difficult?

I am thinking of becoming a CNA in the future, and I want to know other's opinions on this career.

Also, I am thinking of becoming a nurse as well. Would becoming a CNA be beneficial for me before I go into Nursing?.

Okay, I never said that I did not need a degree to become a nurse. Please take the time to read everything before you answer. Thanks.

@Anonymous, I am allowed to block anyone I chose to block, and I do NOT need your permission on how I manage my own account and how I deal with rude people on Yahoo Answers. I am not going to deal with ANY complete stranger (Who does not know me, and knows nothing about me.) who insults me for no reason at all. Also, I know what nursing is like, and I know what I am capable of doing much more than you would. 

Who do you think you are to say this nonsense to me?, You do NOT know me at all and you know nothing about me either. I don't need a complete stranger trying to feed me nonsense. What I do on this website is absolutely none of your business, and I am dealing with some random stranger who thinks they have me figured out, when they don't. 

Well, I don’t care what you say because you don’t know me and you do not know anything about me. All of your “Answers” have been extremely rude and unhelpful. How is it my choice on how I feel about your comments?, when you insult me and your comments are written in a rude manner. I’m not dealing with you anymore, stop bothering me and talking to me in this manner.

• :)

I’m a CNA, and I’m in nursing school (I graduate this May).

Becoming a CNA isn’t hard, but being one is physically demanding and the burnout is real. Becoming an RN is difficult, and being one is not as difficult but STILL difficult. The burn out is definitely alive in nursing as well.

It takes a particular kind of person.

• Savannah

Thank you very much, your answer is very helpful.

That's exactly the type of reactive nonsense I'm talking about. You need to get over it, or you will not be successful. Take it as an insult, or take it as constructive criticism, your choice. People in your real life are not likely to be so honest. They'll just tell you what you want to hear, then sit back and watch you fail.

To be a nurse, you have to getting over feeling constantly offended. I've noticed that you're block happy on this site over the smallest things.

As a nurse, you are "coordinator of care", and responsible for managing all of the people involved with your patient ...family, doctors, other hospital departments, other staff, etc. You've got to be able to put your hurt feelings aside and do your job. At this point, it doesn't seem like something you'd be capable of.

• Kyle

my mother is a registered nurse.  she started working in a major hospital 30 years ago working nights like most do.  before working days.  eventually she worked in a family practice for a long time.  then finally she switched to triage answering calls and helping with prescriptions.  now she even works from home full time as her medical group gave her the option to do so.  they set her up with a desk, computer and a phone.  

you need a full degree to become a nurse.  a BN.  

it can be stressful like any other job.  but she still enjoys doing it. 

i would try it and see and then you'll know

• Savannah

Thanks.

• Nancy

No. I've met plenty of CNAs who are dumb as a bag of hair. RN, now that does appear to have some degree of difficulty.