Name this type of paint brush?

My daughter asked me to purchase a replacement for one of her most used paint brushes. To be honest, I don't even remember where I bought this one. Hi watt this paint brush probably 15 years ago, and it's looking a little worse for wear. It needs to be replaced. 

Honestly she didn't take very good care of it. Thoroughly cleaning it and what not. But after 15 years even I would want to replace it. 

Here is my question. What type of brush is this? I have researched artist paint brushes online and cannot find one that even remotely looks like this one. It will be a bit before I can drag myself out to seek the answer in person. So I was hoping someone here could help.

It's round, short, fat, and cut flat across.

What is this type of paint brush?

• snafu

Could be a stencil type brush, although it looks very soft.  Perhaps more useful for blending between colours with say pastel or oil?

• August

Paint brush ?  Looks more like a Hairdressing Black Neck Duster Brush used by hair dressers 

I think it's actually a stencil brush. At least that's the closest match I could find. 

Its a round, short, fat, and cut flat across type paint brush.  Looks more like a makeup brush.

Stippling brush

I would call that a stippling brush.

That's an artist's paintbrush, as opposed to the kind you'd use to paint a wall or a house.  If you go to an art supplies store you'll see a whole range of brushes like this.  The nicer ones are made from mink fur or chinchilla or something and they're very expensive.

• Angela R2 months agoReport

To be more specific it's a stencil brush