promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelIrelandOther - Ireland · 2 months ago

I'm planning on moving to the United States from the Republic of Ireland what should I do before I move?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Whatever you do do not fall for any of the malarky Americans with Irish last names give you. It will be worse for you. They're Americans that have lost any of the good that people from Ireland are famous for.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Good move, but make sure you have the right visa. Leave all left wing views in your own country. If  you're moving because of the surge in Sinn Fein, you mother did not raise a fool. Best of luck to you.

• 2 months ago

Research make sure you have right visa and don't overstate it and keep out of American politics its toxic over there because of crybaby Democrats.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Research and see if you can get a visa, in order to do what you would like to do as if not you are not moving

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Get a visa allowing you to do so.

• 2 months ago

On what type visa do you plan to move to the USA?

• 2 months ago

Legally or illegally move?

• 2 months ago

Apply for a visa.... wait 8-10 years for it to be accepted...  If it is accepted. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should put your house for rent, get an immigrant visa if you have any relatives or descendants of Americans, otherwise the best thing to do is to get a work or study visa, so you should stay here for at least 5 years until you take the Green Card and become a citizen, it's a bit complicated, but I think it's worth it Ok?

Good afternoon and stay with God 🙏😉

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Get a job, so you can get a visa.

Seriously, if you don't have relatives sponsoring you, or you can't invest large amounts of money and hire a lot of Americans, you can't just up and move.  You need a job, so you can get a visa, and to get a job, you'll need special skills that aren't easily available here.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.