promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

How do I get over this needle phobia?

I’ve had it since I was a kid. At the dentist I had gas and air if I needed a filling or tooth out. But now I need a serious blood test done but before I even go in the place to get it done: my chest starts feeling tighter, I feel like I can’t breath, I start shaking, feel my heartbeat going fast and I feel as though I’m choking. My mom brings me home because of it. 

I’m 21 years old and I really need this test. How do I stop feeling like this? And don’t say grow up or get over it because it isn’t that easy and I’ll report you if you do. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Repeat to yourself, "I am not a COWARD!!!" over and over.  Then walk in and get it done.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ask your GP for a sedative, and please its childish to say you will report. Answers do not look at reports, this is not school.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Since you don't want to grow up OR get over it, guess you'll just have to go without the test. If you die from what ever is wrong with you, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

• Rachel2 months agoReport

It’s answers like yours that are unhelpful, you got no way to help don’t bother answering SIMPLE

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.