I have a Windows 8 64-it operating system laptop, no WIFI.?

I performed a factory reset on my Acer Aspire V, Windows 8, 64-bit operating system. I now don t have Wifi on it, I can access the internet through a ethernet cable. When I go into Device Manager the "network controller" has an exclamation icon. I tried to update by searching the computer but nothing is found. How can I get wifi on this laptop?

Uninstall the driver for the WiFi.  Download over Ethernet new drivers from Acer and NO WHERE ELSE.  Install those.

Drivers sometimes get corrupted and this fixes that.

talk to an internet service provider about it

• keerok

Get a Wifi USB dongle.

Go to the official Acer page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and lookup your computer by serial number or model number. Once it is located, look for the network drivers section. Since you have the Ethernet card working, you just need to download the package for your Wi-Fi card. Device Manager should tell you the make and model of the card. Download the software and install it. Once it is done, you should now have Wi-Fi connectivity.