Took this first response test earlier this afternoon..faint positive..took another one just now and it's negative. Any advice? ?

Wait another week and then test.

• Mystic

Make sure you've waited long enough since the time you think you could have gotten pregnant. Usually about 3-4 weeks is a good wait time. If it's been long enough, take a test first thing in the morning (using your first pee of the day). Read the test instructions before testing to ensure you know how to properly read and determine the results.

If you still aren't sure, go to the doctor to get 100% confirmation whether you are or aren't pregnant.

wait a week......................

I had had the same issue where it came out faint and literally everyone cane see it, I then waited 2 more days but it came out negative. I even showed my OBGYN and she said it happens or it can be a chemical pregnancy which is the egg trying to attach but for some reason did not. Then I got my period after the visit with my OBGYN.

Good luck

Tests aren't always accurate, I'd take 2 or 3 more just in case

Are you following the test directions.

Most tests recommend taking the test in the morning with your first pee of the day.  This is when the hormones are strongest because they have built up over night.  It is the best chance at an accurate result.

Waiting until  your period is late is also a better chance for an accurate result.  I know early response tests are suppose to work before the period is missed, but you might be wasting your money on those and testing too soon depending on exactly when  you actually ovulated.

• Destiny4 months agoReport

My cycle is irregular so it's difficult to tell that way

You may have seen an evaporation line this morning. I'd suggest you relax and wait a couple of days.  You didn't post when your period was supposed to start. Home urine tests are looking for HCG. This hormone doubles every day or two during the first couple of weeks after conception. If you test too early, there won't be enough HCG to be detected by the test.  Give it a couple of days.  If you period doesn't come, test again.  Don't test more than once every two days.  Always test first thing in the AM per the instructions.  

• Jill

Test again tomorrow but follow the instructions this time - do the test with your first urine of the day and check the result you get ONLY within the time limit specified in the instructions. If a 2nd line appears after that it is an evaporation line. 

If you follow the instructions and get a faint positive then perhaps you are pregnant but testing too early and should wait another week to confirm it. If you get another negative then you're not pregnant. 

• Tulip

What part of negative is confusing you?

You aren't pregnant.   Since you aren't showing the other test, all we can see here is that you have negative results.  

• Destiny4 months agoReport

I showed my sister who could see the line instantly..once pointed out I could also see it...so I'd say i am.