Is this parental interference?

My daughter and her boyfriend are away at college together. Typical college students, money is tight. His mom and I are going to go in on a gift card to a restaurant and send it to them in a Valentines Day card from the two of us. (they went to high school together, his mom and I are friends). My friend told me I am "interfering with their relationship" by doing this. And she won't elaborate. Does anyone see anything wrong with this?

Sounds like you and his Mom are nice loving parents who happen to have one well meaning moron for a friend who can't their mouth shut.

I say good job finding a fun and encouraging way to support your daughter in her long term relationship. Keep this up and you might just get a son-in-law and grandkids out of the deal.

no, giving a valentine gift is not interference

I don't think it is. It sounds like a sweet gesture between two moms who love their children. Your friend needs to shut up.