Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Trump supporters, why should i vote for Trump in 2020?

I don't consider myself a democrat, nor a republican. I guess you can say i chose the middle ground. Here is my question...

Why support Trump? To me its clear that he only cares about himself. I only say this as an observation. Convince me otherwise. But its pretty obvious, the presidency helps with his bankrupt dead end businesses. No prior political experience, just a random billionaire corporate business mogul and tv show actor. Using our hard earned money to go after his political rivals...

Now tell me Trump supporters, why should i take my time to vote for this guy in 2020? What is the reason, there must be some underlying cause that causes you to support such a self centered individual.

I should have rephrased the question. All i want is an opinion on the subject. Why vote for him? Why Support him? And why should i? Leave it for me to decide, the point is to get an honest opinion. I am pretty capable of deciding and thinking on my own, thanks.

• David

So you are just asking me to do your research??  Do it yourself... That could be your first step to taking responsibility..

I won't tell you why you should vote for him but I can tell you why I will . If you share any of the same beliefs then maybe that will convince you .

I appreciate the strong economy , attempts to balance foreign trade , tax cuts and desire to create and retain jobs in America . I want the border secured , illegals deported and immigration to be a legal , orderly process . I approve of a strong military and fair treatment of veterans like the Veterans Choice act that allows vets access to private medicine .

Those are but a few of my reasons .

• David

Help... that's the kinda answer I would also give you. That's our opinions. But I suggest you do some research and develop your own opinion. An informed opinion is much better than hearsay....

Read what others think and you get the idea why their voting for who, and the reason it affects them right away in their life but it will help.

Let's see. 

Illegal immigration is WAY down.  

Economy is doing great

USMCA trade deal went through and even Democrats say it was better than what Obama got. Not to mention the better trade deals with many other countries. 

While being impeached Trump is working on Middle East Peace treaty. 

We are not in a new war. 

China trade deal will end up being better than what we had. 

In the meantime, Democrats have been stumping to take Trump down since he was elected. 

You want to talk about self-centered.  Trump was trying to get a better trade deal with China so they would stop stealing our technology.  For a YEAR, Pelosi sat on USMCA, despite her saying how great of a deal it was. USMCA was LEVERAGE against China and instead of Trump being able to use that leverage, Pelosi sat on it because the Democrats hate Trump more than they love the US. 

Every politician is self-centered. EVERY ONE. You have to be to take out ads saying how awesome you are, which is what every politician does. You want a politician that is not self-centered, they do not exist. 

The question is whether the policies of the politicians help or hinder the US. 

• ?

All Republican presidents were hated by the Democrats. So what you see about Trump according to the news media is typical. Trump isn't an insider to Washington DC, that should be a key point to discovering that the politicians who count on a career in Washington DC as being the problem. If you want to read Trump's accomplishments, you can find it here. https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-ac...

Then look at the Democrats who are running. Do they seem to be "okay" to you? Especially since they are typically insiders to Washington DC.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • Mark

Actually, Trump is not typical at all.  The fact that Trump and only Trump has been the animus of most people should tell you something.

• ?

Keep the country moving in the right direction.

Best choice you could make.

• I ask myself one question. Am I better off than I was four years ago? For me, it’s yes. I’m voting Trump.