Araeek asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

calm devil kitten?

my 3 month kitten always playing or sleeping and i cant calm him down . he didnt like brushing and try to escape 

he never sitting in front of me (just when he plays with me for few seconds) and he dosnt like any type of snacks so i cant teach him as well . help me please  and sorry about my english. 

• PAMELA

He is a baby, and babies play, you cannot train a cat to do anything, they please themselves!

You should get another kitten who's more friendly

• Sparky

That's what kittens do when they aren't sleeping.

At least he wears himself out.

Maybe play with him more. Look at some simple toys you can make that won't cost anything. Things like empty toilet rolls or a piece of rope hung from a doorknob.

• Ninefinger

LOL ! I thought only my crazy cat played with empty rolls ! And a shoelace tied to a doorknob is hours of fun for the cat!

Help you with what? You have A KITTEN, and he's not going to stop this until he's, oh, about 2 years old. What did you expect? You have a rambunctious baby animal. He's also not a DOG; many cats are not nearly as food motivated when it comes to training. 

You can teach him just fine, but seriously, you're going to have a lot on your hands. And just wait until he's 7 months to a year; enter the rebellious kitten teens. You think he's "bad" now? Oh, just you wait. You have to play him hard to the point of panting several times a day; string toys, wands, interactive toys, etc. He's not going to calm down any time soon. 

You can use a little dab of wet kitten food if he likes that to train him, if you wish. When he starts biting/scratching hands and feet, the best thing to do is to walk away and ignore him for ten minutes. They learn, eventually, that when they act up and bite you, they lose their playmate. The best thing you can do is play him HARD. This helps wearing him out and bonding with you.