Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 3 weeks ago

did you get your W2 in the mail yet ?

i have not gotten any of mine and im close to freaking out.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Reena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Your employer has until January 31st to mail off your W-2.

If you think something is wrong call the Human Resources Department and

make sure they sent it to the right address.

• 2 weeks ago

American employers MUST have ALL W-2's in the mail by January 31st.  You'll probably receive your next week.

• 3 weeks ago

The deadline for the employer to mail the forms is January 31st.  Yes, I got mine days ago.

• 3 weeks ago

nope, this is the 21st century; I downloaded mine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

It's not legally required to be mailed out till last day in January.

• 3 weeks ago

Everyone does not get them at the same time. This is up to your employer. Contact them.

• 3 weeks ago

They have till the 31st of January to mail them out. Make sure if you've moved that they have your new address.

• 3 weeks ago

Nope, and I won't. I worked for the same company all year and already downloaded my W2 from the internal website.

Still waiting for several other tax forms from other financial institutions though.

They don't even have to mail them until the 31st and the post office can take a few days to deliver, so why are you freaking out? The IRS isn't going to run out of money to pay your refund.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Only morons "freak out" that they haven't received their W-2 days before the employer is required to mail it.

I always wait until 1/31 to mail them because snowflake former employees like to call on 1/30 "freaking out" because they moved and never gave me their new address.   If I mail them earlier, I end up having to do quite a few of them twice and deal with even more "freaking out" people because it was sent to their old address. 

Get a grip, dear. 

• Brian
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It's hell to be a drama queen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.