Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

is it safe to use an oven cleaner in a self cleaning oven?

Update:

This oven is very dirty. Thank you.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As long as you do not use the self cleaning feature with the oven cleaner. The use of over cleaner has to be done very carefully to protect the heating elements. Typically if you get any of the cleaner on the heating coils it will eat through the covering and ruin the coils. 

If it were me, I would try the self cleaning feature first before going to the oven cleaner

• Anonymous
    2 days ago

agree with the 1st answer

• 4 weeks ago

Yes as long as you don't turn on the oven or try to use the self-cleaning setting at the same time.  Most spray chemical cleaners like Easy Off require a cold oven and warn against heating or turning on the oven.

• Barry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

If you use a cleaner on the catalytic panels it will damage them. You can clean the roof and floor usually. Read the manual. Down load it if necessary.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

NO.  If your oven is self-cleaning - just turn it on and allow it to do it's job. After it's done - you'll just have to clean the ashes out.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, but not during the self cleaning cycle. Nothing different in a self cleaning oven. It just locks closed and heats up both elements for a couple hours.

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, read and follow direction in owners manual.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My guess is the food will taste soapy

• 1 month ago

You do one or the other, NEVER BOTH AT THE SAME TIME, EVER. Many people do not like the self-cleaning feature and never bother with it, other people love it and can't live without it. If you are spot cleaning, it's safe, but only do one or the other. I myself never bother with the self-cleaning, always use cleaner or the Magic Eraser. 

• 1 month ago

If you read the directions on the self cleaning oven I believe you will find that you should never use oven cleaners on them.  Best to use the self cleaning feature as directed and see how it turns out.  I'd never use the oven cleaner chemicals as it can ruin the oven and the fumes can ruin your lungs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.