Why is it so normal to be Gay?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Prince
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Because, when people had to hide it, MILLIONS of people were hiding it. 

• nappa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Not normal at all and also a sin against God.read corinthians 1 verse 6, rads homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven/ if it was normal God wouldn't have said it wasn't,

• Sam
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Gay is not normal, statistically speaking, as Dr. D has pointed out. 

I'm gay, blonde (not fake) and over six feet tall, less than 15% of the population are like me, so I am not normal.  

Oh well, I guess I will just have to live with my abnormalities. 

My only options are to be something I'm not.  

I could act straight and change the color of my hair, but what do you want me to do about my height, chop my legs off? 

Well, not being gay would be like chopping my legs off, because it's part of who I am.  I know some people would like me to change who I am, but it's only the people who don't know me..   

Source(s): I'm okay with who I am. I would rather people love me for being me, not love me for being something other than myself.
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Polls have indicated that about 3 or 4% of the population identifies as gay. By comparison 2% of the world population is blonde. So what makes something normal? Unfortunately what makes something "normal" has nothing to do with scientific facts, but everything to do with social stigmas. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because it's a perfectly naturally and commonly occurring variation of human sexuality that's been around for many thousands of years.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because its natural. It naturally occurs in nature. example: any gay person that exists

• Craig
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

If by "normal" you mean "average" or "typical", you've got the wrong impression, since only a very small fraction of people are gay or lesbian.

If by "normal" you mean "unremarkable" or "not disturbing", that depends on where you are in the world, or who you hang around with.  In the West, LGBT is fairly accepted for the moment even though there are still those who express disapproval.  That isn't universal around the world, and it's not permanent, either.

The West has more-or-less independent judiciary, which has proven capable of protecting the civil rights of minorities in spite of disinterest on the part of a majority.  That's mainly why it's "normal".  That and there's been much more sympathy and willingness to see homosexuals as ordinary people, in the West, after the AIDS epidemic.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Some people are gay, and the sooner everyone accepts that, the better.

• 8 months ago

Gays don't do anybody any harm, that's enough for me. 

• 8 months ago

So you're calling me abnormal? You're as bad as the anti-gay bigots.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.