Anonymous

Is it racist to not want to date Black women?

I was asked about dating this Black woman from some of her friends, and I said, "No thanks, she's too dark." Then I got super attacked and called "racist, brainwashed, idiot, etc." They even called me "gay," despite I'm clearly not gay at all. 

Sorry, I didn't know this was a touchy subject for Black people. It's just I've seen men and women of other races say they wouldn't date a White woman, and/her call her pasty. So I didn't think it would be a big deal for me to not like Black women. I'm honestly just not sexually attracted to full dark Black women. But I could date a light skinned mixed Black girl if her facial structure isn't too Afrocentric. Like Sofie Dossi for example, she's perfect 😍

Favorite Answer

the reason they got offended was NOT because of your preference...it was because of their insecurities. think about it. thats why its a touchy subject for blacks. thats why they called you gay. insecurities about how they see themselves and how they think others see them. you didnt do anything wrong and you dont have to feel ashamed of your preferences. you have a really good point. "pasty" is a blatantly offensive and racist word. and its still used to express dislike when it comes to preference. well its time we speak up about this double standard. this hypocrisy. theres nothing wrong with you. its just a preference and i share the same preference as you.

I personally do not agree with all the shoving of interracial dating in everyone's face via advertisements, and it is painfully awkward to see, and I am mixed-race/biracial and can assure you that growing up I was an outsider and bullied. Recently one of my best guy friends who is white told me that he thought I was hot and would xyz, and while I was flattered and somewhat ammused, I don't think he would have said this to me (joking or not) if it were 10 years ago.

So while I am not morally apposed to who people choose to date, especially because it's none of my business, I do not agree with all the social pressures put on people to go out with someone just because they are of a different race.

Because that what losers do when they don't have a real answer them self. All they are trying to do is show how progressive liberal they are.

• No, it's not "racist" to have a sexual preference. Anybody that tells you that it is, is a liberal and liberals should be seen and not heard.

One is attracted to who they are attracted to... but it may be wise to avoid specific ethnic details when/if a person feels the need to qualify things.

Physical attraction is a legitimate part of relationships... but these days one can't cite such characteristics out loud... including even weight or financial state... without risking some kind of fallout. 

• Kind off  is because you just look at her skin color than her personality. Your preferences    is really fetish and unrealistic. You will probably like a girl beyond your preferences.  

Source(s): that is life

Only if you like a woman, find her attractive, share interests with her, enjoy her company, etc. - but turn her down specifically because she is black.

Even then, it can sometimes be because you come from a racist family, and you don't want to have to deal with the fallout.

We are all prejudiced and brainwashed. How we express ourselves and behave with others is another matter.

A less offensive answer would have been: 'I don't find her attractive. I feel nothing for her; I feel no spark.'

Avoid being hurtful.

• Bob

I guess that you've learned an important life lesson.

Next time, simply say thanks, but she's not your type.

It isn’t racist if you aren’t attracted to black people sexually. 

Everybody has their preferences when it comes to dating. My sister in law, who is black, doesn’t like black guys. Some prefer brunettes over blondes. Can’t blame people for being human. Being a human who hates people because of their ethnicity is totally different.