promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 2 months ago

Explain this saying “I’m a great friend, but I’m not friendly”?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I'm someone you can rely on and depend upon when times are hard, but I can be sort of off-putting until I get to know people better.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's pretty straight forward. Being a friend and being friendly are actually two

different things. Being friendly is the way you are perceived to act around someone you've just met, but being a great friend goes deeper. It's your behavior around

a person you are quiet familiar with, and measures things like loyalty, empathy, and attentiveness, and sometimes self sacrifce.

• 2 months ago

It means that this person is a hypocrite.

Attachment image
    Source(s): It means that this person is a hypocrite.
  • 2 months ago

It means the person has what it takes to be a good friend, such as being a good listener, being loyal, etc. However, when around people that person doesn't attempt to get to know them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It probably means you’re a good listener. Introverts are often loyal friends because of their listening skills, though they’re not generally friendly.

• Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

First impressions may not be positive, but once we do become friends I’m a great friend. 

• 2 months ago

The term friendly in this scenario usually refers to who you treat people you don't know when in a group. Are you nice, listen and partake in conversation? If yes, you are friendly.

A great friend is someone who is there for another person and all those things that go along with being friends (supportive, tell them when they do wrong, etc)

• 2 months ago

that they try to be a good friend even if theyre not always friendly

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think it goes right along with "Actions mean more than words." You're there when it matters and you deliver, but there's not a lot of "fluff" present to express how much you care.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.