Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 2 months ago

Explain this saying “I’m a great friend, but I’m not friendly”?

I'm someone you can rely on and depend upon when times are hard, but I can be sort of off-putting until I get to know people better.

It's pretty straight forward. Being a friend and being friendly are actually two

different things. Being friendly is the way you are perceived to act around someone you've just met, but being a great friend goes deeper. It's your behavior around

a person you are quiet familiar with, and measures things like loyalty, empathy, and attentiveness, and sometimes self sacrifce.

It means that this person is a hypocrite.

Source(s): It means that this person is a hypocrite.

It means the person has what it takes to be a good friend, such as being a good listener, being loyal, etc. However, when around people that person doesn't attempt to get to know them.

It probably means you’re a good listener. Introverts are often loyal friends because of their listening skills, though they’re not generally friendly.

• Expat

First impressions may not be positive, but once we do become friends I’m a great friend. 

The term friendly in this scenario usually refers to who you treat people you don't know when in a group. Are you nice, listen and partake in conversation? If yes, you are friendly.

A great friend is someone who is there for another person and all those things that go along with being friends (supportive, tell them when they do wrong, etc)

that they try to be a good friend even if theyre not always friendly

I think it goes right along with "Actions mean more than words." You're there when it matters and you deliver, but there's not a lot of "fluff" present to express how much you care.