Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

I was molested by an LA Fitness member as a minor. Was it my fault? ?

I was 15 when he touched me. I remember after he got arrested, my mom talked to a lady we always talked to at LA Fitness and she asked her if she heard what happened. The only thing the lady said was this, and nothing else: 

"It's your guys' fault! You guys were supposed to say. "NO DON'T TOUCH ME!" It's your fault!" 

Why would you even ask this question?

Perhaps this lady didn't understand you were a minor and the charge brought against the person. There are varying degrees of molestation and sexual assault and not all of them require the victim to say no first, but to be fair, some do.

sounds like the place is covering up for the man. 

You continue to post this. Please get help. 

Right and when someone carjacks you, you're supposed to say "hey! Stop stealing my car!" or it doesn't count. Or maybe when you're being murdered, you're supposed to say "wow, guy, I said NO, you're supposed to stop murdering me now." Or maybe when you go to the doctor's office and he accidentally misdiagnosed you, you say "Stop doing medical malpractice!" or it's not illegal!

No.

Actually if you are the victim of a crime, it doesn't really matter if you screamed or fought or said no or just froze up.

A crime is still a crime.

Assaulting a child is particularly horrible. It was the criminal's fault, not yours.

Source(s): Obviously when criminals do crimes then it's the criminal's fault.
    • polly

I'm taking you off my blocked list.After reading this answer,I feel that I've mis-judged you 

• KaleyK

No, don't do that to yourself.  You were the victim of a crime.  Captain Hindsight is always around to tell you what you "should have done" or "could have done".  But that makes no difference to the fact that you were the victim.  Next, don't let that event define you.  Yes, it happened, and you don't ever need to deny it, but don't let it define who you are.

i dont think it was your fault,she was mean for saying that

You can always use a tuna sub instead of a penis,