Maui asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Senior cat's fur won't lay flat. Should I worry?

My cat is 9 years old and I've noticed within the past few months that his fur really doesnt lay flat as it used to. He was just at the vet for a checkup a month ago and he's been acting normal. I decided to look it up tonight and I've read alot of things that say it's a red flag for a cat being sick. At the same time I've noticed  other senior cats fur can be like this, should i be concerned?

If it's not lying flat that means it's matted and/or your cat is dehydrated. Is this a longhaired or shorthaired cat?

Your cat ISN'T a senior cat at only 9 years old. I'm also betting you're lying that he was "just at the vet" for a "checkup". If he had the vet would have said something. This cat probably hasn't seen a vet in YEARS - if ever - so get him in.

• k w

do you have a mineral block for kitty, like the farmer has for all his animals ?

• k w

are you saying your cat is not an animal ? so nobody else thinks of it ?, who cares ! unless you've tried you'll never know.....why do you think the animals lick people, I noticed the dog next door would always lick, me , then it finally dawned on me, it was for the salt, the minerals, .......