Was it right for the restaurant to throw me out?

I was dining alone at an Italian spot the other day, I noticed a very pretty girl sitting with her family and went over to say "hi how are you" the girl laughed a bit and did not say anything back, her mother then said in a loud voice "she does not want to talk to you" I went back to my table and saw the mother talking to the waiter, the waiter then came over to me and said I had been annoying his customers and needed to leave, I said I had not been harassing the girl and he told me that I had no right to just walk up to customers and chat to them.

• Clive
    Favorite Answer

Of course it was. They have the right to throw anyone off THEIR property.

• patty

what guy goes up to a woman in a restaurant. are you this desperate?

I feel it was.  You may not have intended any harm and I'm sure you didn't but what you did can sometimes make people uncomfortable.

Yes and I'm glad they did.

• denise

If they thought that you were 'bothering' their customers, they were probably right to ask you to leave after the 'mother' had complained to the waiter.

There’s a fine line in what’s acceptable behavior based on the establishment and owner/management policy. They may strive to have a family oriented image and would find your advance unacceptable. Had it been a pub, or facility that accepts this, it’s not something they’d interfere with. Obviously they’d complained, and while they could’ve simply asked you to leave them alone, they were compelled to take it up a notch, prob based on policy.

You are using lawyer/pervert speak. "I didn't rape her, I just masturbated with her unconscious body." "I didn't lead a genocide, I simply tried to make the world a better place."

You kept trying to chat up a little girl you wanted to use a sex toy who was obviously been made to feel very uncomfortable and wanted you to go away and then you didn't. Even when violent rape is not the goal, too many people assume it's in any way ok to chat up strangers. In both scenarios, the issue is you are taking gratification for yourself from them when they are being denied the simple act of being.

It is theft of emotional, social, time, attentional, energies and many other things. It is a violation to force a chat up with strangers who clearly don't want to chat with you. When they don't respond or only in one word and then turn away, walk away, or look like they are being cornered by a super-creeper, which they are, that is the negation of your invitation which means "go away now you ******* loser."

That is the risk you take doing something like that it is not socially accepted as most people 99 percent say they go out to eat to spend time and share that time with the people they are having a meal with at a restaurant.

It was perfect for them to throw you out as long as they didn't ask you to pay first.   I hope you at least had an expensive glass of wine and a calamari appetizer before your troll butt was booted. 

This makes no sense. You were definitely not in the wrong, the restaurant was.

• Janet

Another social idiot heard from