Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 3 weeks ago

Is it illegal to upload a argument or a fight on public property to YouTube?

I have recorded many fights and arguments and uploaded them to YouTube as unlisted (only link can view video) so I could share them with mates easier to watch. But then I thought is it against the law? also is it agains the law if I put them public?

1) Most of the videos are of 18+ as they are on nights out with mates mostly (no of us are involved)

2) I know it isn't illegal to record on public property.

3) One of them is high schoolers/College kids fighting

Favorite Answer

The answer is no. You can record the action and post it on YouTube, so as long as you make sure it's age-restricted. You should remember stores and most other places don't permit video recording on their premises. There's no rule when recording the behavior in a public place, but be sure you keep your distance so as not to get yourself directly into the fray.

• Lv 7

only if you don't blur their faces. otherwise, you need their permission to use their likeness.

As it is an argument, that means there is another party involved.  You would have to get their PERMISSION TO UPLOAD IT AND MAKE MONEY otherwise THEY WILL GO AFTER YOUR azz.  It is their fight.  It is private.  Not for the whole world to know and they want all the profits. So like #uck you.  Watch them sue your lower backside.  Because you may be robbing them of a JOB or a FUTURE JOB.   Find actors and make up your own weak reasons for a fight.  You have to pay the actors.

• brian 2010

No argument or fight is private when it happens in an area where a lot of people congregate.

I don't know of any law that would stop you from recording and sharing video. Some states, like Pennsylvania, do not allow you to record audio of another person without permission.