Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Can you sell a tire with a plug in it?

My care died so I'm trying to sell as many parts as I can, can I sell the tire with a plug in it?

Only if you let the buyer know about it

Definitely mention that it has a plug - if you had it done professionally then you can provide the receipt/work order.

Yes, if you can find a buyer for it.

In the UK a plugged tyre is considered permanent assuming it's done properly.

As long as you disclose that information, why not.

Only if you let the buyer know about it

• Dan

Sure, why not? Where I live there's so much construction going on that I would argue that the majority of cars around here have at least one tire with a plug. The trick is, what kind of plug? There are good and bad but even the bad ones can be replaced by a proper plug/patch if the buyer wants to as long as it isn't in the sidewall. If it's too close to the side, the tire should have been thrown out in the first place.

The plug was meant as a temporary fix -until you get to a tire store and replace it for good rubber or have a proper repair done (a patch on the inside as well).  "so quickie garage repairs"can't take tires off the rim(as a proper patch requires an internal patch.

• y

I would make sure that it was included in the description. Not all plugs are created equal. Some will last as long as the tire while others, not so much.

Sure, all you have to do is find someone to buy it. There is always someone who will buy anything.