Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 8 months ago

Im an alcoholic and have been clean for 6 years. But, my buddy forgot and left a bottle of beer in my fridge. Would drinking just one hurt?

No point in throwing it away I guess.  I could really use a beer!  Life has been tough recently.  Just one would be okay, right. Im thinking about opening the bottle.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yes it would. Throw it out.

• 8 months ago

What kind of friend would drink with you knowing you're an alcoholic. Do not drink the beer and cancel out that friend.

• 8 months ago

Never just the one if you've been heavy with it before. 

• 8 months ago

That's what I said. Now I'm back in my old ways first thing I did when I woke up I hit the bottle. I skipped the tea I skipped the coffee

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

The old saying:  "One is too much, and a thousand is not enough"

• 8 months ago

Open the bottle and tip it out now. Why take the risk of drinking it and getting back on the bottle? You'd be sick as a parrot if you end up alcoholic again.

You've got a lot to lose by drinking it.

You've got nothing to lose by tipping it out.

• 8 months ago

Since you’d posted this 3 hours ago, you’d either given in to the compulsion, or came to your senses. If just one wouldn’t hurt, you’d be a social drinker without alcoholism and the resultant phenomenon of craving. Toss it and look into AA mtgs near you and get serious.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

One beer wont hurt.  Long as you dont have a second one. Or at least three.  Stop being such an old woman about it!   Its not as if its whisky!!!

• y
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I sobered up more then 25 years ago, didn't touch a drop for a decade. Same circumstance, we have a neighbor hood party ever year. Some of them left a couple of beers in the fridge, One wont hurt, no one is home, what possible harm can it do? Drank one, then used the same rational for the rest. Reminded me of the same arguments when going into a liqueur store. Oh I'll only buy a 6 pack, that's it, no more. But look, a case saves me money, and while here I should pick up a bottle just in case. But I have a busy day tomorrow, I'll only one, or six, no hard liqueur when I get home. Same conversation, day after day after day.

• 8 months ago

So, in the past 6 years you have never been in the same room as any alcohol?  Likely story (which actually means that I think you're lying to us).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.