Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

My family keeps on mentioning how thin I am and it’s making me insecure...guys what are your thoughts on thin girls?

I’m 15 and I lost 8 pounds unintentionally and now my family thinks that I’m purposely trying to lose weight and that I’m not eating, when both are NOT the case. My parents keeping on mentioning how thin I’ve become and it’s starting to make me really insecure. I’m 5’6 and I went from 124 to 116 pounds and my waist is 25 inches. Am I really that skinny, cause I don’t see myself as that skinny, just slim. Also do you guys find slim/skinny girls attractive? What are your thoughts?

Its concerning that you lost weight unintentionally. You should see a doctor. 

Your BMI is 18.7. A healthy BMI for someone you age and height is 16.4 to 24.2 so your weight is not a concern but again, it is a concern that you lost weight unintentionally. 

Your weight loss could be simply about growing taller and not gaining any fat in the process. Believe it or not, sometimes kids do lose weight when they grow a bit.

• Imp

I can say as somone who is slimmer than the average person I went through the same thing you did! If it's your family members they are just worried about you!

Remember that 2/3 of all people are overweight so when they see somone who is much more narrow in body (even if you are at a healthy weight) they get supprised!

your ideal body weight is between 123 and 118. you're not unhealthy but also slightly below "ideal" attractiveness as far as most guys are concerned. but some do like thin girls, a frail look is attractive because it makes a man feel more like a protector. but when you take being frail too far it starts to look like sickness (physical or psych) and is not appealing.