physical health, ballet?

hi, this is related to my last question so if you havent read it you might want to.

as i mentioned in my last question i want to start ballet but i am worried because of my weight 75kg or for other countries 167.5 pounds and i am very short at only 162cm or 64inches or 5.3 feet tall could i start ballet at 12 being this fat ?? 

Ballet is probably one of the better activities for someone a little overweight (other than swimming),  as until you do a lot of Grande Allegro which you wouldn't as a beginner,  there is not as much wear on the joints as something like running.  I've had a couple of larger students who have been beautiful dancers.

Give it a try.

I'm 5'3" and around 160 pounds and I did ballet from 33-41 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. You will want to find a beginner level class.

• lizardmomma

Matt, I found the ad, but I have no idea who she is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdwcx-nx84k

• drip

YES! Of course you can start ballet now. There are many good dance academics.  You don’t need to be training to be a professional to learn ballet and to take classes.  They won’t care about your weight. 

i would just try it and see, you might lose weight that way