Are there any car wheels that won't slip on ice?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Michelin, CONTINENTAL and many other tire makers make ICE TIRES< that have microscopic SUCTION CUPS and special sidewalls

• 3 weeks ago

There are tires specifically for driving on ice - snow studs, or chains.

• Quentin3 weeks agoReport

I agree.

• John
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

If your wheels won't slip on ice you need a tune up.

• F
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Studded tyres are brilliant on hard packed snow and ice.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Well, back in the good old days, when men were men, dad used to get up an hour earlier after some nasty weather and put the tire chains on the drive wheels of the car. Sometimes, depending om the vehicle, you could put one chain on a drive wheel and one on a front tire. Or chains all around, front and rear tires. Chains in those days were good old chains. They would dig into the ice and snow and worked way better than snow tires. I don't even know if they make chains for car and light trucks anymore. Some of the cable "chains" that truckers use don't measure up to the old school chains. 

• Name Withheld
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Remember my Dad doing the same thing in the 1950s . . . . also remember the time one came off !!!!

• 3 weeks ago

All car wheels will slide on ice. You can however buy car tires that are better on slippery surfaces.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

No.  Studded tires will help a lot but they won't prevent slipping under any condition.

• 3 weeks ago

Spiked tires won't slip on ice.

• 3 weeks ago

Studded snow tires are the best way to avoid slipping.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Not legal in some of the places where one would think they are really needed.

• 3 weeks ago

Without tires, none.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.