Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 months ago

I’m renewing my passport & have to get an adult  to sign saying it’s me - if I did a friend who is a waitress would it be allowed ? ?

It said online to have someone with w valued profession and then someone over 18- I’m not sure if that’s a list or a checklist

It's a list; waitress isn't a job on it.

You're in the UK, right? My understanding is that it has to be someone who they can trust. Do you not have a boss or a teacher or a friend of your parents who can do it? 

We don't know, because we don't know what country's passport you are applying for so we can't check the requirements for you. The requirements are on the application. They are usually quite specific about who may sign what. Read them.

• Tavy

No a waitress is not a professional.

Teacher, Lawyer, Doctor and so on.

That would depend on WHICH country's passport you carry. Regulations vary from one country to the next.

Most countries only require a sponsor from a list of professionals for a first time passport application.