promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf · 2 months ago

How hard is to learn to play golf at 37 years old if you've never played before?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It's not that hard to get the basics down.  For most people "mastering" the game is very difficult, regardless of what age they start at. 

My wife started playing in her 50s, a lot of people start at an older age.

I'd highly recommend you start by taking 1 on 1 lessons.  

One of the most critical elements to get right is the grip, if you're doing it right it doesn't feel right. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Nancy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hard. Very hard. It's hard even when you're young. If you're 37, especially if you aren't otherwise good at athletics where maintaining form is key, you're going to have a difficult time becoming even passably good, a difficult time becoming even just good enough that you can play with work colleagues or strangers and not embarrass yourself. I mean, learning the basics, the rules of play and the grip to use when grasping the club and so forth, that's all easy. Getting the ball to go where you want it to, especially when it comes to distance and direction when driving, that's extremely hard stuff.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not hard at all.  It's only hard if you let people make it hard.  Watch this little utube and see what I mean.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpOCuTCj5I

Youtube thumbnail

&t=333s

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you never know until you try.  look at golf courses near you if they have adult lessons.  if you've played mini golf at least, that will help.  but consider taking a couple lessons.  or if you have friends or family play golf, go with them and have them teach you.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Golf is a pretty easy sport to learn at any age.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.