Beer drunk from a bottle tastes diferently and better than if drunk from a clean glass? What's your opinion?

Favorite Answer

Yes, the vessel will effect taste mostly due to how the smell reaches your nose. Those fluted liquor tasting glasses are that way to open it wide into the air just under your nose as you sip. There's tons of glasses that do different things like that tat snobs love to get on about. A bottle neck tight in your face-hole obviously has less smell than a glass.

When I drink at my local tap I always ask for a glass even though everyone else thinks it is cool to drink from the bottle or can. But I also drink Sam Adams while they are all drinking Bush lite or Bud.

• Brian

Taste also involves smell. You get a fuller taste experience if you can smell the hops, malt, and any other ingredients. You get this from a glass, but not a bottle.

If you're drinking something like Coors Lite, I doubt that there'd be any difference.

• oikoσ

Kudos for being a real beer aficionado. When I go to beer tastings, I bring my own brandy snifter to get the full impact of the aroma.

I think that beer tastes best from a from a clean glass.