Lôn
Lv 7
Lôn asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why can't we have Y!A UK and Ireland back. This site is full of American rubbish about Trump, Pelosi, Alex Jones etc.?

Update:

I'm sure the Yanks feel the same about getting posts about British things like Brexit.

On the International list you can choose the American Flag or the British one...yet all the posts to to both.

They used to be separate, can't they be again?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The answer is simple. What you suggest would cost money and Verizon is not spending any money on the site.

• Dale-E
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Lets look into making a suggestion request with Y!A or more likely Yahoo. There is a Yahoo insider's group too and they have other Fan Dom groups that are ripe ways of getting your passion registered with at least someone that might be keeping stats on specific services requests that could be marketed. Money has to talk or it has little future. Try getting or joining a group of like minded Q!A enthusiasts.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because it's a worldwide site, and anglos of the past weren't smart enough (or were too chauvinist) to keep their language for themselves.

If you want UK-only, find a site that uses welsh or gaelic.

When we had the portals, there was no obvious portal for people from continental nor for people in Africa outside Nigeria. Almost everybody watched "all english questions", and for 95 % or so of the questions location is utterly irrelevant

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Yes, but a few years ago there WAS a UK/Ireland and a USA site...you could choose which one you wanted.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Well, we are sick of your Queen, Harry, Meghan, royalty crap. Rules of YA say we have to put up with each other.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

That's my point..... we shouldn't have to. A few years ago we could choose which site we wanted to see....now we can't!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Its the way it goes all English Speaking Country's are the Same no Differences

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Countries, not country's!!  It wasn't like that a while back though... you could choose the UK/ Ireland or the USA site.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Full of Asian gangs*

@ lon,how.is it not, clearly you don't know your users

No. You're correct!!! 

• ...Show all comments
    • Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Oh....Chinese spammers?? I was thinking of Asians as Indians/Pakistanis

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I rather enjoy sharing things with the Americans too and a lot of them make me laugh

• ...Show all comments
    • CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Of course you don't. You obviously have no idea how the internet or computers work. You don't want to try to understand. You just want to annoy me.  I give up. You win. 

• 4 weeks ago

I think it's funny to read all the worries the Yanks have, they are easier to wind up too.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I agree, sick of hearing American probs with Politicians  and Doctors. Mac&cheese and Ramen noodles. It would be easier if we knew which country was posting.

UK

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Exactly!

• Barry
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I agree. It was a backward step to include us with the US. Dumb YA administrators.

• Lôn
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Agreed!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.