Lôn
Lôn asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Why can't we have Y!A UK and Ireland back. This site is full of American rubbish about Trump, Pelosi, Alex Jones etc.?

I'm sure the Yanks feel the same about getting posts about British things like Brexit.

On the International list you can choose the American Flag or the British one...yet all the posts to to both.

They used to be separate, can't they be again?

Favorite Answer

The answer is simple. What you suggest would cost money and Verizon is not spending any money on the site.

• Dale-E

Lets look into making a suggestion request with Y!A or more likely Yahoo. There is a Yahoo insider's group too and they have other Fan Dom groups that are ripe ways of getting your passion registered with at least someone that might be keeping stats on specific services requests that could be marketed. Money has to talk or it has little future. Try getting or joining a group of like minded Q!A enthusiasts.

• Zirp

Because it's a worldwide site, and anglos of the past weren't smart enough (or were too chauvinist) to keep their language for themselves.

If you want UK-only, find a site that uses welsh or gaelic.

When we had the portals, there was no obvious portal for people from continental nor for people in Africa outside Nigeria. Almost everybody watched "all english questions", and for 95 % or so of the questions location is utterly irrelevant

• Lôn

Yes, but a few years ago there WAS a UK/Ireland and a USA site...you could choose which one you wanted.

Well, we are sick of your Queen, Harry, Meghan, royalty crap. Rules of YA say we have to put up with each other.

• Lôn

That's my point..... we shouldn't have to. A few years ago we could choose which site we wanted to see....now we can't!

• Daniel

Its the way it goes all English Speaking Country's are the Same no Differences

• Lôn

Countries, not country's!!  It wasn't like that a while back though... you could choose the UK/ Ireland or the USA site.

Full of Asian gangs*

@ lon,how.is it not, clearly you don't know your users

No. You're correct!!! 

• Lôn

Oh....Chinese spammers?? I was thinking of Asians as Indians/Pakistanis

I rather enjoy sharing things with the Americans too and a lot of them make me laugh

• CarolOklaNola

Of course you don't. You obviously have no idea how the internet or computers work. You don't want to try to understand. You just want to annoy me.  I give up. You win. 

I think it's funny to read all the worries the Yanks have, they are easier to wind up too.

• Tavy

I agree, sick of hearing American probs with Politicians  and Doctors. Mac&cheese and Ramen noodles. It would be easier if we knew which country was posting.

UK

• Lôn

Exactly!

• Barry

I agree. It was a backward step to include us with the US. Dumb YA administrators.

• Lôn

Agreed!