Aisha asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

Am i depressed?/whats wrong with me?

am i depressed/whats wrong with me?

hi , im a 17 yr old teenager and for the past 2 months ive realised ive changed as a person completely and i dont know whats wrong :(

1) im not as happy as i used to be , but i put on a fake show so everybody believes im fine when im really not

2)i never feel excited about going out anymore and i keep declining invites ( this has been going on for 3 weeks now , every weekend my friends invite me out , i used to always say yes because i loved going out but now i always make up excuses and hide in my room all weekend doing nothing )

3) i used to always be ontop of homework and motivated to do it , however for the past month ive been leaving it last minute or not doing it at all :/

4) i feel like im worthless everday and have no future compared to others/family members and i cry everyday about this.

I dont know whts wrong with me back in november i was not like this at all now all of a sudden im a wreck😔

• Gert

Teen angst, like all other teenagers.

That sounds quite serious since whatever is bothering you is affecting your social life, I would suggest you talk to a friend or teacher about it, if this gets any worse you could try asking your parents to take you to a psychologist.