Why are not all soup cans or anything that is sold in a can all have pop top lids ??!?

How they expect someone with a disability or senior citizen to open or operate a can opener is beyond me.  I am neither and I have problems opening the cans and jars.

Some do some don't idk why but I think they all should have openers

I can't tell you the times the "ring" has come off the lid and then it is almost impossible to open the can because a can opener will not work on one of those cans. 

I prefer my can opener. 

• 4 weeks agoReport

This is true it happened to me at work with out last can. I almost cut myself tryna open it with a ****** UP method

OMG I have been SCREAMING this for years. I would pay for the added convenience. Drives me crazy to have to open a can. I know, first world problems, I should be happy I have food to eat, yadda, yadda, but yes!! Pop top cans please. (And yes, I am thankful I have food to eat.)

I'm a senior, and I cut my thumb on one of those pop-top lids. Had my thumb too close to the can when the lid let go. Now I'm in the habit of pulling the tab up, inserting a knife in the opening, and lifting the lid with a knife. I think maybe a canopener would be safer.

they might sell something that can help you open them, i had to buy a bottle opener cause i was having trouble opening them

• Laurie

If you cannot operate a can opener, the answer is not to buy products that need a can opener.

• keerok

Because easy open lids cost money. If you don't know how to use a can opener, just don't buy cans without that pop top lid. Simple and logical, right?

• CB

Call you congressman - no help available here.

I, on the other hand, as a senior with some arthritis in my hands, absolutely hate pull tab cans. I find them very hard to open, I occasionally spill some of the contents while opening them, and I am convinced that one day my hand will slip and I'll slash myself with the lid. I guess you can't please everyone. There is more than one kind of can opener and someone who can't operate one kind can look for another kind they are able to operate

Why some cans depending on the product may leak due to the high temperatures of the factory.