Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 4 weeks ago

For diabetics, is there any SNACK that's "safe," filling, delicious and AFFORDABLE?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ONLY PLANTS

• 4 weeks ago

Unsweetened chocolate and unsweetened peanut butter are two ingredients that provide most of the calories in the form of fats, oils, and proteins.  

• 4 weeks ago

A snack, is anything you want it to be. Left over dinner is my normal go to snack.

I make snack bags of mixed nuts, spicy trail mix with a few cheese or peanut butter filled pretzel bites in the baggie. 

Hard boiled eggs, with raw veggies of choice, crackers, meat and cheese or a few cookies I like. A piece of fruit with a Cheese quesadilla. 

The idea is to not reach blindly for the carby processed snacks. So you can forget eating half a family sized bag of chips, or a plate full of oreos. As for delicious, that's going to fully be based on your taste buds. The amount of carbs You can eat will need to be trail and error using your meter to let you know what your blood glucose is before you consume the amount you plan to, and what is like 2 and 3 hours after you eat. Then make adjustments on what you learned until you find a pattern that keeps your bg levels in a range that you and your doctor are happen with, in combination with your meds (if needed, over all diet and exercise). 

• 4 weeks ago

Pork rinds have zero carbs.

Be careful, though. It doesn't take many to accumulate calories. And although there are those who subscribe to the school of thought that carbohydrates are the only thing to worry about, such is not the case. The energy value equivalency between them is 1 calorie = 4 carbs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

im sure theres lots of them, i would ask your doctor about them

• 4 weeks ago

I have found Twislers Liquorice, M&M peanuts, Brach's Jelly Beans, to be OK with my normal medications.

Be aware that depending on your specific condition, limited quantities should be consumed

Dr David Cavan, writing in his book ‘Take Control of Type 1 Diabetes’, said munching 10 of the sugar-rich morsels would be enough to sufficiently raise blood sugar levels.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.