Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to find joy again?

So, I’m not depressed. I just don’t find joy in anything anymore. I’m 22, single, no game. I have slowly isolated myself. I have very few friends, and I don’t have anything interesting To talk bout. All I know what to talk about is music. I devote my life to it because it’s all I want to do for a living. Yet, I compare myself to artists who are my age and made it big already, while I struggle with GarageBand. I can’t go anywhere or do anything anymore without thinking about it and this “career” I’ve fantasized about that isn’t coming true. I’ve made a fantasy life in my head that is almost to good to be true, and I can’t be happy. I don’t know where or how to meet people, or I do not know how to have or keep a conversation without making it awkward. It’s getting really bad. I not know what else I can try and find interest in to expand my horizons. 

Are you a male wanting tips about how to talk to a female?

You might be attracted to music because of the varied topics it covers and  currently mentally stuck by  a clash of belief in the messages you receive . One could go to college and not know the direction to take but it gives you the chance to immerse yourself in different subjects. The pace of progress these day will surely leave some people behind. The broad market of music make it difficult to choose and very few are chosen to become famous from uploads to say 'YouTube'. A teacher once said in class don't go to college just for the prospect of a job, I guess he meant to go so as to enrich your life with knowledge and to find ways to help the world.

• Dejair

Walking the path of Harmonization with patience is guaranteed satisfaction !

Hate to break it to you dude but that sounds like depression to me. I would just try to put yourself out there, and try new hobbies. If nothing helps I would recommend talking to a counselor, they can give you some better advice, and help find better ways to improve your problems. 

Its hard for a  rank stranger to understand your plight. Maybe a professional should hear your story and give you some advice.

Try to make the effort to do something nice for yourself once a week like read a book, socialise with friends, go to the movies, eat out at a restaurant or whatever. You can try joining meet up. It’s a really good app and you can join a wide variety of groups and meet and socialise with a ton of people.

meditation should help

You can join a group or a church.

You'll meet people.

Keep doing your band.

One day it may work out.

• Mrcury

Make yourself happy