I am Gay and my family tells me it’s wrong and evil, how do I change?

Tell your family to deal with it, or get out of your life.

Look, you can’t change who you are. I’m gay as well and went through the same stuff you did. You don’t deserve that, if they can’t accept you, let them be. Accept yourself before anything and don’t listen to their ignorance. Stay safe 😁

• Annonymous

Then do you buy my logic that I would like to have sex with 13 year olds, so I can't change?? Society just needs to accept, other societies allow it. I'm orientated that way, do you embrace me???

• Sam

How do you change what?  Your pants?  

One leg at a time. 

Seriously, YOU don't change, and you can't change them.  Just accept yourself, accept them, and go on with your life.  Live your life who you really are and only you know what that is. 

Just tell them,  "If it's wrong, then I don't want to be right"   "Look at the bright side daddy, if there is a hell, you'll be there with me" "We'll still be there as a family, isn't that nice" 

• nappa

start with reading the bible..be sure to read corinthians 1 verse 6 where it reads homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven

• Tyler

stop pressuring people into your cult

How does your family change you mean?

See if they can get educated.

• sarah

Sex is 90% in the mind. Why you get erections. When you think about sex. So change the way you are thinking and start working on being straight. Because oral and anal sex is the most dangerous thing you can do to the human body;

• Tyler

?????????????????

You can't change [them]. Just live your life, and they may eventually "evolve" in their thinking.

Source(s): Www.thetrevorproject.org

You were made how you were supposed to be. The only thing you can do is come to terms with your self. 

If you are a minor and under their roof you just might have to go back in the closet till you are on your or you could be kicked out or forced into conversion therapy. Live to fight another day. You can’t pick your birth family. 

When you can - get your own place. If you live in a prejudiced area - it might be better to just move to a pro lgbt area.

If you are on your own and paying your own bills - first build your own family. You can pick your adult family. So do things like go to the gay community center, join som lgbt charities, maybe a pro lgbt church or meditation circle or a rec league. Have some people that you can go to. Then just start educating them. It may take a few years. Their might be some holidays spent apart. But you are their flesh and blood and if you won’t do it who else will? They have to know if they preach hate - they go against you. Its not easy - but its doable. Read coming out stories. Read up on the gay civil rights movement. See how all those who came before you did. No need to reinvent the wheel- many have done this before you. Don’t be an island. Inform your self. 

Maybe you should try to straighten out.

If it's not too much to ask.

• Sasha Whitefur

You cannot
      ,Being LGBT is a congenital condition. (developed before birth) Science is finding more evidence for it, every day. Therefore, it is not a sin, which is an outmoded concept.