Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. What should I do about it?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Stephen Hawking wrote, “If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million, the universe would have re-collapsed before it ever reached it present state.” 

Slightly faster than the critical rate and matter would have dispersed too rapidly to allow stars and galaxies to form. George Smoot, an atheist and Nobel Prize-winning physicist, describes the beginning of the universe as “finely orchestrated.”

There is extreme precision in every area of our universe and our Earth.  It's only logical to assume that every bit of it that works perfectly together to maintain the universe and our Earth, and support human and other life isn't just a happy accident.

• Doug
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for His free gift of eternal life (John 3:16). Then read the Gospel of John which was written to convince people that Jesus is the Christ and the Guarantor of eternal life to all who believe in Him for it (John 20:31).

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

• barty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Rejecting unproven claims doesn't take any faith at all. As usual, your religious leaders have been lying to you.

Why does Christianity depend on lies?

• Jennifer
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

You're rejecting some unproven claims, and accepting others. It takes more faith to believe that the astounding precision of our Earth (gravity, distance from the sun, tilt, O2, etc.) and universe is random than it does to believe it was designed. 

• Doc
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Try getting an education. You don't need faith when you have reality.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Me neither, thanks to God.  

• 4 weeks ago

You could grow up and stop making a fool out of yourself.

• 4 weeks ago

You should pretend you're not just one more cowardly, anonymous, theism-troll.

• 4 weeks ago

Inigo Montoya : You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue."  -- PZ Myers

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

Don't worry about it.

Atheism is too good for you, anyway.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

be a agnostic then

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.