promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 2 months ago

Do I turn into a ghost after death?

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 KJB)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It is too bad that you utilize the bible. 

If you cannot see existence for what it is, 

or you choose not to, that is certainly your right. 

Those who, two thousand years ago, 

proclaimed that after death there is nothing 

very amply spoke of things that they had no way of knowing. 

Never mistake them for having been correct, or intelligent. 

They were wishful and intellectual equals to those who made 

the grandest of promises that they have yet to fulfill, and keep. 

The answer to your question: No, you won't.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Well, that's the general idea behind most religious beliefs.  Not sure how anyone knows it's true, but lots of people believe it.  Some of those people are a lot more educated than you and me, and some are definitely not.

I don't think a book that was written back in the bronze age is a very good source for research, but whatever works for you.

• 2 months ago

Strange that? The question is, how do you know? What kind of creatures live under the ice on Europa? You know as much about life after death than you know about my own question. Until we find out, why let it worry you? We are very similar to passengers on a train but we don't know where we boarded or when we are getting off. We also don't know where the train is going after we do get off. Everything is a mystery so why not just sit back and enjoy the ride?

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you return to being a Spirit. Ghosts do not realize they have shed the physical body.

• English Guy
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Until they try to scratch their backside.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you do not. You are still yourself, just without your physical body.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.