Why do I feel like people are being paranoid when they say "is it because I'm black"?

I just feel like as a black person I don't see passive aggressive racism too much? Or I just don't get offended by it. I am biracial but I don't pass as white. I am light skinned or light brown. I just wonder why people used to largely say "is it because I'm black?" Because I feel like usually it's not. Maybe its my internalized racism coming in from the white side that makes me think that? What is it? Am I just not getting the full brunt of the racism as a black person? I guess I just am not as sensitive to it as full black people? Why?

• Gert

It's just a catch-all phrase to excuse bad behavior.

Who feels it knows it

Source(s): #BLM

You're possibly right. Many people overuse the word racist nowadays.

Sometimes it's paranoia...sometimes it's exploiting the role of victim...and sometimes it REALLY IS BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK.

Why aren't you seeing the whole picture?  Maybe because you're extraordinarily lucky.  Maybe because you're not very observant.  Or maybe it's because (as they say) you just haven't met the right girl yet.  Or her parents.  Or her brothers.  Or her neighbors. 

Don't worry.  They're keeping an eye out for people like you.

youre right. and i think a lot of people agree with you. in fact, people are waking up to this fact. it is indeed paranoia. its paranoia because most blacks are obsessed with skin color. its all thats on their mind and thats how they define the world. when in doubt, blame skin color.

It has greatly improved over the decades. 

Yet some people even want to hate lots of others also.  They are obsessed. 

Stay happy!Keep GOD and LOVE in you full time!