Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Why do some Christians say that animals don't have souls? Is it so they can treat animals like objects?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I think it's to make themselves feel special and superior, compared to animals. They don't want to see themselves as nothing more than animals. They like to think that, of all His creations, Mankind is the most wonderful, the most privileged, and the most loved by God.

• User
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's actually traditional Christian doctrine, one that answers the question

- What makes human beings different from animals, other than our intelligence?

- (Answer): Humans have an immortal soul, animals do not.

This is also the traditional explanation for why humans are held accountable for their actions (there is sin and guilt in Christianity) and animals are not.

I point out that there is a Biblical basis for this. In the Biblical account of the creation of living things, only man is described as having God's breath bring him to life, thereby making him "a living soul".

• 8 months ago

thats probably one of the reasons but not all of the reason. there is a verse that says its the way of the animal to go to the grave, i think its in the book of Job

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They are brainwashed to believe that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Saying animals don’t have souls isn’t calling them objects. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They Need to know the FACT that Humans are Animals too! 

Btw I'm sure not Christians Believe in that silly stuff

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Read the Bible. GOD tells us in the Bible that HE only gave/gives sole to humans!  Each of us with soles are being tested by GOD. 

All the other animals are Not being tested for anything! 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Of course.  It's really quite disheartening. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.