Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Dogs seem depressed after mom left ?

I’ve spent quite a bit of time with my mother lately. I drove my 2 dogs 12 hours to my parents house for the holidays. We stayed from Dec 21st through Jan 2nd. My mother who’s retired took the 12 hour drive back with me to my home. She’s been here since the 2nd and just left roast. My dogs seem very mopey and down. Is this normal? They seem sad. Is this normal? 

I'd be more concerned if just one of them was off colour.   As it is, this is probably partly because your mum left (roast?) and perhaps also because they've just done a lot of travelling!!   If they don't pick up soon, perhaps a trip to the vet for a health check, might be worth considering?

Yes, they miss her. But they'll get over it eventually. Just remember to give them love!

• patty

maybe she has poisoned them

Possibly. They might think she died, especially if she's elderly, or just miss the company.