Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

100.3 fever while pregnant when should I worry?

I’m 6 weeks pregnant and at work yesterday I was around a lot of sick people, I tried washing my hands more and drinking plenty of water but I think it caught on to me.. I as of right now have a fever of 100.3 and I’m scared for my baby I’ve already suffered from miscarriages before and I don’t wanna lose another one of mine, when should I start worrying and when should I go to the doctors??

Sadly, at six weeks, there's not much that can be done... if something is going to happen, it'll happen as horrible as that is and I know it's awful. Other than a low-grade fever what are your symptoms? The doctor isn't going to do anything for you if it's a common cold virus except recommend rest, fluids, etc.

What did the doctor say when you called?  We can't evaluate your specific case.

Call your doctor and ask

Keep an eye on your fever, and if it gets higher, go to the hospital or doctor.

You would have to have a fever high enough to cause damage to yourself before it would be a problem for your child.

If you let the fever run its course without trying to bring it down (unless you are totally miserable), you will get better faster.

I'm sorry for the loss of your other child. : (